Friday, August 8, 2008

Todays Obsession: Vintage Bar Cart

Okay, you caught me. Today's obsession is something I already own. But I was obsessed with it (and it's various $3,000 sisters on ebay) for months before I found one that I liked and could afford at Hunted House on 14th Street. Walking into Hunted House is like stumbling onto the set of Mad Men. The store is set up in staged rooms on the top floor of an old row house, and each of them is an ode to Mid Century Modern furniture, but at prices I've never seen before. I checked the price tag on the bar cart (gasp: $150), looked away, blinked, and checked again. It's oh-so Mrs. Robinson. And now it's mine.



I have visions of a daily 5 o'clock cocktail hour, which will only happen if Chris tugs the bar cart behind him on a 15 block walk downtown and mixes me a drink while I yell "leave me alone I'm on deadline!"

I still have to set it up with some vintage wine glasses, linens and gourmet-sounding bottles like "cognac."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It you invited your Dad over I am sure he would spend some time sprucing up your bar, and that a martini with your name on it would greet you warmly as you rushed in, tore of your shoes and sank into that luscious red couch of yours.

Ms. Sebastianelli said...

I have this bar cart. It's actually from Pottery Barn, but is way nicer than any vintage one I've found in this area.