Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We Have Terrible Taste

I was very excited about our paint samples, but it appears we have terrible taste.





These colors verge on hideous. I'm quasi- satisfied with the light gray for the living/dining room, but the dark grays for the accent wall are a bit cave-like for my taste. We're going to experiment with a lighter shade of gray with some brown in it instead.

And how did we go so piteously astray with these blues?





Why did they look so pretty in the mini paint jars? The guys at Strosniders Hardware Store are getting another visit from us tonight, if we can muster the enthusiasm.

3 comments:

jacdel said...

this cracked me up. you do not have hideous taste - color is just deceiving! i like the gray too - can't wait to see your other blues :)

Susan said...

Your condo looks great! I can't wait until we can get to DC and see it with all of your things. I love the daybed that you picked. If you are looking for vintage glasses, feel free to raid our china cabinet the next time you are in Philadelphia. Did I mention that you are a very talented writer?

Tess said...

Thanks Susan! I can't believe you're willing to unleash me on your china cabinet. All those beautiful glasses! I love that you use them for everyday instead of locking them in the basement.