Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The "Second Bedroom"

It's ludicrous to call this 6'11" x 8' closet a bedroom, but that's just what Castle Development did. We opted in, and now we're stuck with it.



It's clearly much better suited for an office, but I'm stubbornly insisting on making it a guest bedroom/office, because I just won't feel like a grown-up if we continue to make our visitors sleep on the L-shaped sectional in the living room (no matter how many times they proclaim it's "so comfortable" and that even if we had a bed they "would choose the couch anyway." I'm looking at you, Maggie).

How will I cram a queen-sized bed into the closet, you ask? And how could I possibly keep the desk in there if I did? Luckily, Nicole from Making it Lovely turned me on to this ingenious flip-out daybed from CB2, which she ordered for her slightly-less-closet-like guest room. I'm expecting it August 5th, in the Rust color.



If you were thinking the black monstrosity of an office chair doesn't really fit with our compact little West Elm desk, you're right. We originally brought home the white T-back leather chair in this West Elm catalogue picture, but it was marked up and the wheels did that thing that old shopping carts do when they try to pull you in several different directions at once.



So we asked for our $200 back and we're on the hunt for something equally sleek, comfortable and space-conscious. Suggestions welcome.

2 comments:

Jo said...

I covet your desk! Meanwhile...check this out http://nymag.com/shopamatic/products/chairs/

Daria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.